Surgeons at the Equine Medical Center use laparoscopy, a minimally invasive procedure where surgery is performed through small incisions using specialized instruments, to assist horses requiring soft tissue surgery.
Our state-of-the-art laparoscopic equipment includes a vessel-sealing device, which allows surgeons to perform procedures more efficiently without the use of suture or other foreign materials traditionally used to control bleeding (hemostasis).
- Surgical removal of pathological ovaries in mares
- Retrieval of retained testicles
- Investigation of a variety of conditions, such as intermittent low-grade colic and suspected abdominal tumors
Horses treated using laparoscopic surgery, as opposed to a traditional surgical approach, experience:
- Minimal scarring and less pain
- Significantly reduced recovery time
- Faster return to exercise and performance
Appointments & Referrals: 703-771-6800
To schedule an appointment, refer a patient, or inquire about our clinical services, please call 703-771-6800 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.