The Equine Medical Center's Clinical Diagnostic Laboratory offers testing and other services essential to the diagnosis, treatment, and management of disease and illness in our equine patients. The center's team of certified technologists and technicians uses state-of-the-art equipment and standard protocols to provide quality service.
Our services are also available to area veterinarians. Processing and overnight shipping of samples to other laboratories for tests not available in our lab is offered.
Fecal egg counts
- We use the McMaster quantitative test for fecal egg counts to check for parasites in feces.
- Download, complete, and submit the Fecal Egg Count Form. Follow the instructions on the form for collecting and submitting samples to our lab.
- Results are sent within three to five days by fax, email, or mail.
Many tests on samples submitted during regular business hours can be completed on the same day or by the next morning, while other test results may take several days. Results are sent to you by fax, email, or mail.
- Certified by the USDA to perform Coggins tests for equine infectious anemia.
- Same-day results, Monday through Friday, for the ELISA test, and 2-3 day results for the AGID test.
- Necropsy services.
Contact the lab: 703-771-6800
Contact the Clinical Diagnostic Laboratory at 703-771-6830 if you have questions about our services or submission procedures.