Our Clinical Diagnostic Laboratory offers testing and other services essential to the diagnosis, treatment, and management of disease and illness in our equine patients. Our team of certified technologists and technicians uses state-of-the-art equipment and standard protocols to provide quality service.
Our services are also available to area veterinarians. We offer processing and overnight shipping of samples to other laboratories for tests that are not available in our lab.
Fecal Egg Counts
- We use the McMaster quantitative test for fecal egg counts to check for parasites in feces.
- Download, complete, and submit the Fecal Egg Count Form. Follow the instructions on the form for collecting and submitting samples to our lab.
- Results are sent by fax, email, or mail, usually within three to five days.
Many tests on samples submitted during regular business hours can be completed on the same day or by the next morning, while other test results may take several days. Results are sent to you by fax, email, or mail.
- Certified by the USDA to perform Coggins tests for equine infectious anemia
- Same-day results, Monday through Friday, for the ELISA test and 2-3 day results for the AGID test
- Necropsy services
Contact our Clinical Diagnostic Laboratory at 703-771-6830 if you have questions about our services or submission procedures.