The Equine Medical Center serves as an educational resource for veterinarians and veterinary technicians. Our continuing education programs help veterinary professionals stay apprised of leading-edge research and advancements in clinical care.
EMC will host a continuing education day for veterinarians on Friday, January 31, offering attendees up to six hours of continuing education credit.
Doors open at 8 a.m., and the first presentation will begin promptly at 9 a.m. A nominal charge of $50.00 is required to register.
Attendees are welcome to attend part or all of the day's presentations. A continental breakfast, lunch, and beverages will be provided. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Nathaniel A. White II, DVM, MS, DACVS - Intestinal Injury During Colic
- James Brown, BVSc, MS, DACT, DACVS - Use of N-butyl Cyanoacrylate for Skin Closure Following Equine Colic Surgery: Retrospective Comparison of Incision Complications with Stainless Steel Staples
Progressive Ethmoid Hematoma Involving the Sphenopalatine Sinus; Use of Standing Cone Beam CT for Surgical Planning and Monitoring Recurrence
- Krista Estell, DVM, DACVIM - Traumatic CNS Injuries Build on Reperfusion
- Renata Ramos, DVM, MS - Equine Ophthalmic Emergencies
- Sophie H. Bogers, BVSc, MVSc, PhD, DACVS-LA - Diagnosis and management of septic osteoarthritis
- Stephanie Hernandez, VMD - Systemic Inflammatory Response Syndrome in Neonates:
Pathophysiology and Treatment
Vet Tech Seminar Day is scheduled for October 11, 2019. Registration begins at 8:30 am with the first lecture starting at 9:00 am. Complimentary continental breakfast and lunch will be available during the day. There is no cost to participants and for CE purposes this is equivalent to six contact hours.
Held at the Equine Medical Center in October each year, our continuing education event for veterinary technicians features faculty experts from the center, the VA-MD College of Veterinary Medicine, and other equine professionals who share information on the latest diagnostic and therapeutic techniques.
To learn more about our continuing education programs, contact Sharon Peart at 703-771-6842 or email@example.com.