Job opportunities at the Marion duPont Scott Equine Medical Center
- Dispensary Supervisor Manages Dispensary unit which includes overall responsibility for administration, budget and inventory within the department. Assures dispensary services are provided on an compliant, accurate, efficient and timely basis. Feb 09, 2018
- Accounts Payable The Marion duPont Scott Equine Medical Center in Leesburg, Virginia, seeks successful candidate to perform a variety of administrative and financial tasks to support the Business Office Manager. Duties include but are not limited to purchasing, cash handling, accounts payable processing and reconciliation using Banner and HokieMart. Feb 06, 2018
- Veterinary Nurse Provide care for equine patients through administration of medications treatments, specimen collection, monitoring vital signs, record keeping and assisting in the preparation and performance of special and emergency procedures; maintains acceptable levels of cleanliness in barns, treatment areas and other related areas. Jan 31, 2018
- Assistant Equine Ambulance Driver Works directly for the equine ambulance service to assist off-site events supported by the Equine Medical Center. Provides quality care for all equine patients utilizing the ambulance service. Provides shared rotational weekend coverage for the events and coverage as needed to prepare the service for upcoming engagements. Must possess a valid unrestricted motor vehicle license to operate a State owned vehicle in the Commonwealth of Virginia. Jan 25, 2018
- Veterinary Nurse Assistant The Marion duPont Scott Equine Medical Center in Leesburg, Virginia is seeking successful candidate to perform direct patient care duties and barn care duties as assigned. Duties include mucking, stripping, bedding, disinfecting and sterilization of stalls. Prepares patients for dismissal. Participates in the care of research herd. Assists veterinary staff in removal and storage of carcasses after regular hours. Assists with nursing duties as needed. Operates basic farm machinery to include tractors, trucks, riding mowers and forklifts. Jan 25, 2018
- Veterinary Service Technician Works directly for patient care services to assist clinicians with the performance of their daily patient care needs including emergency, outpatient and inpatient cases. Provides quality care for all equine patients to include the provision of intensive care for non-isolated and isolated cases, treatments and medication administration; assists with diagnostic procedures involving all imaging modalities; operating room support and case circulation; laboratory and pathology testing, necropsy support; preparation of medications; anesthesia support. Provides skills training for veterinary technician students, veterinary students and patient care staff. Provides shared rotational emergency after hours and weekend on-call coverage for the operating room and after-hours (evening and night shift) coverage for the nursing department. Jan 12, 2018
Clinical Asst/Assoc Prof of Equine Internal Medicine
The Marion duPont Scott Equine Medical Center, Leesburg, Virginia, part of Virginia-Maryland College of Veterinary Medicine is seeking a Clinical Assistant or Associate Professor of Equine Internal Medicine to begin duties in the fall of 2017. Located in affluent Northern Virginia, the EMC is in the heart of the mid-Atlantic regionGÇÖs horse country, close to an abundant variety of cultural and outdoor activities, and has great school systems.
Our team of board-certified specialists in ACVIM, ACVS, ACVSMR, ACT and ABVP is committed to providing exceptional, comprehensive and compassionate veterinary care, being a valuable educational resource for referring veterinarians, future veterinarians and clients, and contributing to the advancement of new knowledge through innovative scholarship and clinical discovery. Our caseload of more than 2,500 equids annually consists of horses of all breeds, ages and disciplines, and involves a diverse mix of surgical and medical cases including advanced specialty care, neonatal intensive care, and emergency and critical care. We are extremely fortunate to serve conscientious clients and dedicated referring veterinarians.
The clinical activities of the EMC are supported by a 24-stall hospital, ICU stalls for neonates and adults, a separate 8-stall biosafety level 2 isolation unit, a comprehensive clinical laboratory, digital radiography and ultrasonography, nuclear scintigraphy, video gastroscopy and a large technical staff including many licensed veterinary technicians.
The position to be filled is that of a full time, clinical track faculty member at the Marion duPont Scott Equine Medical Center. Candidates must have a DVM, VMD, or equivalent degree, have completed a clinical residency program, and have board certification in Large Animal Internal Medicine (ACVIM, ECVIM). Preference will be given to applicants with experience in equine internal medicine in a busy referral setting and who possess exceptional communication skills. The effort allocation of the position is heavily toward clinical service with at least 75% assignment to this activity. Instruction (mainly on the clinic floor) of ~15% and scholarly and non-assigned service activities of ~10% completes the proposed duties portfolio. In the latter case the appointee will be expected to undertake innovative scholarship necessary to enhance the reputation and caseload of the internal medicine and emergency critical care services. This is an essential part of the mission of the college. The successful appointee will join another board-certified internist and 4 board-certified surgeons and will share in the clinical and didactic teaching of students in the veterinary curriculum, the training of interns and residents in their general and specialty emphasis areas, and mentoring of graduate students when appropriate. The appointee will be expected to participate in clinical emergency duty with other medicine faculty. Jan 05, 2018