Board-certified experts at the Equine Medical Center have extensive experience in evaluating and treating equine lameness. A full lameness workup for your horse includes an exam, including limb palpation, flexion tests, and trotting or lunging, followed by specialty diagnostic tests.
- Our comprehensive suite of diagnostic imaging modalities includes digital ultrasound, digital radiography, nuclear scintigraphy, and computed tomography (CT scan).
- Our in-house, low-field MRI can evaluate lower limbs while a horse is sedated and standing.
- Our in-house, Pegaso CT scanner can evaluate lower limbs for bone as well as soft tissue damage while a horse is under sedation.
- Joint blocks and nerve blocks are used to localize an area causing pain and lameness.
- Lameness locator, a wireless motion analysis system, aids in evaluation.
We offer a full spectrum of specialty services for treating even the most complex lameness.
Appointments & Referrals: 703-771-6800
To schedule an appointment, refer a patient, or inquire about our clinical services, please call 703-771-6800 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.